Monday, October 4, 2010

We Like This: The Social Network


Justin:  I figured I'd talk about the weekend since it seems all I ever blog about is the movies we watch.  And Nicole blogs about the important stuff, like how romantic I am haha.

Nicole and I had a busy weekend...separate from each other.  She was playing mom this weekend.  Nic was off taking pictures for her younger sisters homecoming and hanging out with one of her good friends from college while I was stuffing my face and celebrating my sister-in-law's birthday.  Also Nic got a haircut and uhhhhh she looks amazing.  I probably told her that once.....every 5 minutes.

 On Sunday we got together to watch part of the 11th Annual Mustang Stampede at St. Rita High School.  We also ran into some old friends from high school, it was like being in band again.  Oh the..good...times?

In the evening we caught a showing of David Fincher's new film, The Social Network, which we both really dug.  If you live under a rock and don't know what this movie's about, it's the story of the people responsible for the rise of Facebook.   I won't get much more into it because that's the set up.  That's all you really need to know.  It's the facebook movie.  I honestly didn't know what to expect.  It wasn't funny or even dramatic but it was a character study of this unique persona, Mark Zuckerberg.  You don't dislike him, but you don't like him.  Its a very tug of war concept with how you view this character.  We both were pretty engaged in the story and admitted to watching it again.  I think the Oscar race has officially begun.  I wouldn't be surprised if we ended up seeing this at the AMC Best Picture Showcase come winter.  Go see this movie!

No comments:

Post a Comment