Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Black Swan gets her Punk'd on!


Justin:  So this movie "night" actually took place Sunday afternoon.  The ACTUAL movie night on Friday we were watching Better Luck Tomorrow...you know, that ASIAN mtv misfits movie.  It's not that good enough for me to hit you up with a link to a trailer or anything.  For some reason I though that movie was so bad ass...back in the day  Watching it now. HOLY CRAP does it suck.

So instead of talking about that film we're going to talk about a film we actually liked: No Strings Attached.

Here's a synopsis from IMDB:

A guy and girl try to keep their relationship strictly physical, but it's not long before they learn that they want something more. 

I think a lot of romantic comedies have been successful lately when they push for the R rating.  Let's face it, strong pervasive language and sexual content make everything funnier.  If this movie was a PG-13, I don't think it would have got the laughs it was looking for.  With all that being said, the performances are great (yes even Kutcher) and the supporting cast is surprisingly good.  They try and avoid cliches in its third act but by the film's end, girl falls in love with boy.  I think the build-up before that works completely and it had Nicole and I laughing out loud, quite a bit.

This would actually make a pretty good Valentine's Day flick.  So grab your "other" and get to the theater.

Nicole:  All I can say is, Better Luck Tomorrow...Yikes! I wanted to like it, but just couldn't, it was so awful.

No Strings Attached on the other hand...I loved!  I agree that its a good date movie and it's not quite the typical love story.  It isn't completely predictable and gets some good laughs in at the same time.  I think it was great as a R rated movie and wouldn't want to see it toned down at all.  Best of all, watching it added to the good mood the weekend was already providing me and kept the good vibes coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment