Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Actin' like Grown Ups

NicoleSo we had a pretty awesome weekend I'd say.  We both got to take Friday off for a wedding.  And taking off a day of work from either of our jobs is awesome on it's own.  The reception was great, it was pretty, the food was really freaking good and I got to dance with an awesome dance partner, and Justin's a pretty good dancer too, haha, just kidding.  He dances just as crazy and goofy as I do so I know I look crazy, but I'm not doing it alone.

And on to the important stuff....Movie Review!

JustinI originally wrote this long intro into what Movie Nights meant for us and how important they were to the beginnings of our relationship.  I decided to ditch it and give it it's own separate post for  another time.  For our movie nights, we usually watch the movies from our collection...which is really my collection. Nicole hasn't really seen a lot of the films I own.  Its a plus too, because we're not dropping 20 bucks to catch some 3D piece of crap (I'm talking to you Avatar) and we can do a little bit of saving on our part.  Also, when we became "official" we started doing more couple-ly things and movie nights at home got lost in the shuffle a bit.  Which isn't bad but we both feel we kind of miss those days of staying in and cozying up to the warmth of each other.

THAT being said, if we're feelin' a bit crafty, will hit up the show for something we both REALLY want to see (The Town), or we'll take in a show at the cheap theater.  Since we had a good weekend, we decided to treat ourselves to a showing of Grown Ups.

Here's a quick synopsis from IMDB: After their high school basketball coach passes away, five good friends and former teammates reunite for a Fourth of July holiday weekend.

There's something about Adam Sandler movies that when viewed at the right time,  are really funny.  I think this hit the right spot on our funny bones that night because we were coming off a nice weekend.  That being said, the film's just ok.  I think it's not as funny as some of his other films and you'd think with a stellar comedy cast you'd play to their strengths, but in that department the film came up short.  They made good use of Scheinder and Spade...I don't know if that's good or bad.  You be the judge.


Editor's note - We'll keep these reviews short as to not drag on and on and on, but basically we liked it. Haha

No comments:

Post a Comment