Sunday, September 19, 2010

A Night in The Town

Justin:  Like I previously mentioned in another post, we really wanted to see Ben Affleck's new film, The Town.  Here's the imdb synopsis:
Welcome to the bank robbery capital of America. 
As he plans his next job, a longtime thief tries to balance his feelings for a bank manager connected to one of his earlier heists, as well as the FBI agent looking to bring him and his crew down
  
We both really dug the movie.  I think I liked it more than Nic though, as I'm down for multiple viewings and she's more of a one time viewer.  It's good to see Affleck grow as a director and I'm looking forward to his future efforts.  It had a good balance of action and drama and was really well paced.  Jeremy Renner was the shit.  The "Nun Mask" heist was really fun to watch.  Any thoughts Nic?

Nicole: Like you said, I'm generally a one time viewer.  I am really glad I saw it, but probably wont watch it again.  I don't really think the trailer portrayed it for what it was though.

I'm not really the best movie reviewer as I don't watch that many movies, as Justin has pointed out, but I did enjoy the action.
 Good times at the movies.  We'll see ya next week!

1 comment:

  1. Now, I'm just a random person that's never met either of you before. I've never slept in your living room, partied all night long, or had dreams of how our babies will look - I'm just a stranger! Haven't seen The Town yet. The commercials weren't making it look too appealing. Anything you can tell me about the plot that would better explain it but not give it away?

    ReplyDelete