Monday, November 22, 2010

an Unstoppable movie


Justin:  As you know every Friday night is Movie Night and yesterday was Nic's choice.  She went with the Denzel Washington Chris Pine runaway train thriller, Unstoppable.  Here's a synopsis from IMDB:

With an unmanned, half-mile-long freight train barreling toward a city, a veteran engineer and a young conductor race against the clock to prevent a catastrophe

Wow, this movie was superb!  A very tense and well written thriller was a nice change of pace for us.  A lot of action movies these days go even beyond the hyper realistic and this movie felt very real to me.  The term "blue collar" comes to mind.  I kept thinking this movie was "Speed" on a train but really it was its own beast, and that's a good thing.  I highly recommend checking this film out it's a great time at the movies.  And one of the best thrillers of the year.

Nicole, thoughts on your choice for the night?

Nicole:  Judging by the fingernail marks I left in Justin's arm, I'd say the movie was pretty intense. I was on the edge of my seat the whole time, and I felt that it was a believable movie. I liked it a lot and I'd say this is a movie that I would see again.  That doesn't happen often for me, so I would take that as a good sign.  Go see this movie!

No comments:

Post a Comment